Our commitment is to provide care and the necessary resources to support our patients’ health & wellbeing. We provide culturally sensitive services in Spanish and English. Interpretations for other languages are available. Most patients qualify for low-cost services. Anyone over 12 years old can receive confidential reproductive health care.HOW TO BECOME A PATIENT AT MNHC »
Our health services include:
- Preventive care like pap smears, breast exams and referrals for mammography
- STI testing and treatment
- Introduction to menopause
- Nutritional assessments, health education and behavioral health support
- Birth Control counseling including contraception, preconception, and basic infertility evaluation
- Pregnancy care provided by Certified Nurse Midwifes in collaboration with UCSF and ZSFG
- Centering Pregnancy ©: Group prenatal care
- Breast feeding support
- Dental Referrals
"El programa prenatal de MNHC me dio mucha información sobre nutrición, planificación familiar, y recursos legales, y me dio mucho apoyo emocional en un ambiente acogedor."
- Rosa N., Paciente de MNHC
"MNHC is about building a healthy community."
- Fernando Gomez Benitez, MNHC Deputy Director
A woman’s birth plan is respected; in 2012, 38% of births were natural, 28% involved an epidural and 34% received some other form of anesthesia, based on the woman’s needs and preferences.
Low Cesarean Rate
In 2012, only 9.3% of our pregnant patients delivered by Cesarean Section, far below the national average of 30% of pregnancies delivered by Cesarean.