El Club de Centering
As part of its comprehensive prenatal program, MNHC offers patients the opportunity to prepare for their pregnancy in a group setting that fosters learning and community support. The patients are grouped by their delivery dates and meet together with a midwife and health educator throughout their pregnancy. Centering Pregnancy © services are currently only offered in Spanish. The group sessions include:
- • Medical care by Certified Nurse Midwives
- • Regular visits with nutritionist, health educator and social worker
- • Health education classes including preparation for labor, breastfeeding, postpartum care, maternal nutrition and how to care for your baby
- • Social support groups and activities
- • Post-delivery follow up care
For more information, please call (415) 552-3870 extension 2549.