MNHC offers services for women of all ages. Our culturally-sensitive, specialized staff of doctors, nurse practitioners, and nurse midwives are committed to providing quality gynecological services and prenatal care, ensuring that a woman’s needs are understood and met. Referrals to community services and specialists are facilitated by staff as necessary. All services are available in English and Spanish.HOW TO BECOME A PATIENT AT MNHC »
Women’s health services include:
- Preventive care: Pap Smears and breast exams; referrals for mammography
- STD testing and treatment
- Menopause support
- Nutritional assessments, health education and social service support
- Family planning services, including Contraception (birth control); Basic infertility evaluation and treatment; Pre-conception counseling.
- Pregnancy care provided by Certified Nurse Midwifes in collaboration with UCSF with delivery at San Francisco General Hospital.
- Centering Pregnancy©: prenatal care in a group
- Breast feeding support services
"MNHC is about building a healthy community."
- Fernando Gomez Benitez, MNHC Deputy Director
A woman’s birth plan is respected; in 2012, 38% of births were natural, 28% involved an epidural and 34% received some other form of anesthesia, based on the woman’s needs and preferences.
Low Cesarean Rate
In 2012, only 9.3% of our pregnant patients delivered by Cesarean Section, far below the national average of 30% of pregnancies delivered by Cesarean.