As part of its comprehensive prenatal program, MNHC offers women the opportunity to prepare for their pregnancy in a group setting that fosters learning and community support. Groups of typically 8-10 women who are due to deliver in the same month meet together with a facilitator (midwife, social worker or health educator) throughout their pregnancy and after delivery. Centering Pregnancy© services are offered in English and Spanish and include:
- • Medical care by Certified Nurse Midwives
- • Regular visits with nutritionist, health educator and social worker
- • Health education classes including preparation for labor, breastfeeding, postpartum care, maternal nutrition and how to care for your baby
- • Social support groups and activities
- • Post-delivery follow up care
For more information, please call (415) 552-1013, extension 2249.